The City of Palm Bay transitioned to an automated cart program on October 1, 2010. Each residential customer receives a 64-gallon cart for garbage (teal lid) and one 64-gallon cart for single stream recycling (yellow lid). Garbage, recycling and yard waste will be collected once weekly as part of your regular collection service. In alignment with the established statewide recycling goal of 75% by the year 2020, the City of Palm Bay in partnership with Waste Management strive to reduce the amount of household waste by recycling. However, residential customers can rent an additional cart by contacting Customer Service.
Start / Stop Service
Residents will get just one bill from Palm Bay Utilities for the following services:
- Solid Waste Services
- Water/Sewer Services (if applicable)
Note - Commercial & Multi-Family Residential Properties: Waste Management is responsible for billing commercial properties and other multi-family residential properties (apartment homes, etc.).
For Billing & Account Inquiries contact Customer Service by email to email@example.com or call (321) 952-3420.
For Issues Related to Solid Waste Pick-Up or to Schedule Pick-Ups, please contact Waste Management by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (321) 723-4455.
Residents must request pick-up of white goods, tires and e-waste. These are on-call services because of the way Waste Management is required by law to dispose of these items. To request pick-ups, please contact Waste Management by email to email@example.com or call (321) 723-4455.
Bulky waste, such as furniture, is collected the next business day after your containerized yard waste collection day. Bulky waste must not exceed 3 cubic yards per week, which is about the size of the bed of a full size pickup truck. If you have the need to dispose of more than 3 cubic yards in any one week, please contact Waste Management at (321) 723-4455 for disposal options.
White goods, which are appliances such as a stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, or dishwasher; and electronic waste, such as computers, printers, flat screen TVs, and stereos; are collected once per week and require a call for service. Please call Waste Management at (321) 723-4455 to schedule collection for these items.
Most Common Contaminants
Keep these common contaminants OUT of your recycle bin!
- Plastic Bags
- Food & Liquids
- Electronics & Small Appliances
- Bedding, Rugs, Carpet & Textiles
- Hoses, Holiday Lights, Hangers, Extension Cords
- Paper Napkins, Plates, Cups & Tissues
- Foam and Plastic Food Containers
- Tires, Auto Parts & Scrap Metal
- Concrete, Wood & Construction Debris
- Yard Waste
- Non-Recyclable Plastic
For more information on recycling, visit Waste Management.
A claw truck is part of your collection for yard waste. The truck drives each route and picks up large yard waste. If for some reason your yard waste is missed, please contact Waste Management at (321) 723-4455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit Waste Management homepage and enter your address to find procedures and guidelines for your service area.
2019 Waste Management Holidays
- Memorial Day (Monday) - Garbage Collection will be on Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Independence Day (Thursday) - Garbage Collection will be on Saturday, July 6, 2019
- Veterans Day (Monday) - Garbage Collection will be on Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Thanksgiving (Thursday) - Garbage Collection will be on Saturday, November 30, 2019
- Christmas (Wednesday) - Garbage Collection will be on Saturday, December 28, 2019
If the holiday falls on Monday or Tuesday, service will be provided on the prior Saturday.
If the holiday falls on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, service will be provided on the following Saturday.
All Construction and Demolition Debris Collection and Disposal Businesses operating within the City of Palm Bay are required to apply for and operate under a Non-Exclusive Franchise. The franchise(s) will be granted for a time period of five (5) years. A franchise will be required in addition to any license(s) or Business Tax Receipts which otherwise may be required by law. An application fee in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500) will be required upon submission of the application. Contact Public Works Customer Service for more information on the application process.
Construction and Demolition Debris Collection and Disposal Businesses operating within the City limits of Palm Bay without a Non-Exclusive Franchise will be considered in violation of the City of Palm Bay Code of Ordinances.
City of Palm Bay Approved Providers of Roll-Off Containers:
Danny's Recycling & Hauling Inc.
5570 Korbin Ave. Rockledge, FL 32955
7705 Progress Circle West Melbourne, FL 32904
Fletcher's Hauling Inc.
1950 Flashy Lane
PO Box 500372
Malabar, FL 32950
Freedom Waste of Brevard
789 NE Dixie Hwy Jensen Beach, FL 34957
2808 S Harbor City Blvd. Melbourne, FL 32901
7382 Talona Drive West Melbourne, FL 32904
Clean-up after Storm:
Storm debris will be collected by the City’s debris collection contractor following a declared natural emergency adhering to the following guidelines:
To ensure pickup, please separate debris and place in piles at the curb in the public right-of-way. The public right-of-way is the area of residential property that extends from the street to the sidewalk, ditch, utility pole or easement.
Please sort debris into the following categories:
- VEGETATIVE DEBRIS (whole trees, tree stumps, tree branches, tree trunks and other leafy material)
- CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION DEBRIS (damaged components of buildings and structures such as lumber and wood, wall board, glass, metal, roofing materials, tile, furnishings, and fixtures)
- HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (materials that are ignitable, reactive, toxic or corrosive such as paints, cleaners, pesticides, etc.)
- LARGE APPLIANCES (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, heat pumps, ovens, ranges, washing machines, clothes dryers and water heaters)
- ELECTRONIC WASTE (computers, televisions, office electronic equipment, etc.)
Do not place debris near a water meter vault, fire hydrant or any other above-ground utility. Only sorted debris piles placed on the public right-of-way will be eligible for collection until further notice.
Waste Management will NOT pick up any material that is piled in your right-of-way, they will only collect containerized material. Anything you intend to have picked up by Waste Management must be in your regular trash can or personal can(s).
Gated Communities / Private Roads - Debris Removal Information:
The City of Palm Bay, in guidance of FEMA regulations for the removal of debris following a declared natural emergency, will be adhering to the following guidelines:
- Storm debris located inside gated communities will NOT be collected by the City’s contracted debris collection contractor per FEMA regulations.
- Storm debris from inside gated communities placed on the City right of way outside the gated community WILL be collected by the City’s contracted debris collection contractor as allowed per FEMA regulations. All storm debris must be separated into the appropriate piles (see sort list above).
- Yard waste vegetation placed in personally owned trash receptacles will be collected by Waste Management as part of the regularly scheduled service.
- Large appliances (refrigerator, ovens, etc...) will be collected by Waste Management through the utilization of the Waste Management call center coordinating a scheduled date for pick-up. Contact Waste Management at email@example.com or call (321) 723-4455.
If you have any questions please call our Public Works Customer Service (321) 952-3437, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect the quality of our creeks, rivers and public health, please report sources of pollution you witness along the roadside or in your neighborhood including:
- Water from car washing in driveways or pavement
- Gas and motor oil
- Kitchen grease/oil
- Household cleansers
- Solvents or vehicle related spills
- Weed Killers
When these pollutants find the way into the storm sewer system, even unintentionally, they cause serious health and water quality problems, such as destruction of the natural habitat.
Reporting Illicit Discharge: You can do this anonymously by calling the Public Works Hotline: (321) 952-3438 (daytime) or (321) 952-3456 Non-Emergency Police (after-hours). More Info on Illicit Discharge Reporting
WM Post Hurricane Dorian:
We have just received word that the County landfill will open on Thursday, Sept. 5th at 7:30am, which means that Waste Management can resume service in Palm Bay.
In an effort to ensure that everyone receives a timely garbage collection this week following Hurricane Dorian, recycling collection has been suspended until Monday, September 9th, so that all available trucks can be used for garbage pickup. The collection schedule will be as follows:
Monday customers who did NOT receive a garbage pickup before the storm and Tuesday customers will have garbage collection tomorrow, Thursday, September 5th.
Wednesday and Thursday customers will have collection on Friday, September 6th.
Friday customers will have collection on Saturday, September 7th.
Residential yard waste and bulky waste collection will resume tomorrow, Thursday, September 5th, and will continue on the normal schedule. Commercial collection service will run on a one-day delay.
Thank you for your patience!