Unlicensed Contractors

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Beware of Unlicensed Contractors

If you are planning to build a room addition, add a second story, build a boat dock or begin other renovations on your home or property, take care to select a qualified person to perform the work. Under state and local law any person you hire under contract (verbal or written) to perform construction work on your property must be a licensed contractor. The contractor must be either state certified or registered. All printed advertisements must show his or her state license number. If you wish to check on the licensing of any individual you may contact the Department of Business and Professional Regulation at 850-487-1395.