Clean-up after Storm:
To ensure pickup, please separate debris and place in piles at the curb in the public right-of-way. The public right-of-way is the area of residential property that extends from the street to the sidewalk, ditch, utility pole or easement.
Please sort debris into the following categories:
VEGETATIVE DEBRIS (whole trees, tree stumps, tree branches, tree trunks and other leafy material)
- CONSTRUCTION AND DEMOLITION DEBRIS (damaged components of buildings and structures such as lumber and wood, wall board, glass, metal, roofing materials, tile, furnishings, and fixtures)
- HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE (materials that are ignitable, reactive, toxic or corrosive such as paints, cleaners, pesticides, etc.)
- LARGE APPLIANCES (refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, heat pumps, ovens, ranges, washing machines, clothes dryers and water heaters)
- ELECTRONIC WASTE (computers, televisions, office electronic equipment, etc.)
Do not place debris near a water meter vault, fire hydrant or any other above-ground utility. Only sorted debris piles placed on the public right-of-way will be eligible for collection until further notice.
Waste Management will NOT pick up any material that is piled in your right-of-way, they will only collect containerized material. Anything you intend to have picked up by Waste Management must be in your regular trash can or personal can(s).
Gated Communities / Private Roads - Debris Removal Information:
The City of Palm Bay, in guidance of FEMA regulations for the removal of debris following a declared natural emergency, will be adhering to the following guidelines:
- Storm debris located inside gated communities will NOT be collected by the City’s contracted debris collection contractor per FEMA regulations.
- Storm debris from inside gated communities placed on the City right of way outside the gated community WILL be collected by the City’s contracted debris collection contractor as allowed per FEMA regulations. All storm debris must be separated into the appropriate piles (see graphic above).
- Yard waste vegetation placed in personally owned trash receptacles will be collected by Waste Management as part of the regularly scheduled service.
- Large appliances (refrigerator, ovens, etc...) will be collected by Waste Management through the utilization of the Waste Management call center coordinating a scheduled date for pick-up. Contact Waste Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321.723.4455.
If you have any questions please call our Public Works Customer Service (321) 952-3437, or send us an email at email@example.com.