Website Offers Financial Transparency
Residents of Brevard County’s largest municipality can access all of the City’s financial information online including expenditures, employee salaries and total revenue. Open.palmbayflorida.org is an online interactive database that allows users to view and search the City’s financial information. View Now
Finance FunctionsThe Finance Department provides financial management and policy support and financial information to the City Manager, departments, the public and other agencies. Finance Administration oversees the administrative and financial affairs of the city including accounting, budget and revenue.
Internal functions provided to the City of Palm Bay by the Finance Department include:
- The City’s banking and investment relations
- In-house management of pooled investment fund for all governmental operations
- Issuance and ongoing administration of all city debt, including the Utility, General Government debt and other debt issues
- Works with independent auditors, providing information required to conduct annual audit and assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Administration of the Business Tax (formerly Occupational Licenses), Communication Service Tax, and Public Service Tax Programs
- Collecting and processing of City revenues
- Administration of the city’s Lien Research program
- Oversight responsibility for the Passport Acceptance operations.
- Oversight responsibility for payroll and accounts payable