Community Planning and Economic Development
120 Malabar Road SE
Palm Bay, FL 32907
Monday - Friday
8:30am to 5:00pm
Welcome to the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development
Welcome to the home page of the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development. Our department is responsible for the long-range planning and economic development of the City of Palm Bay by promoting quality development through our adopted Comprehensive Plan, Florida Building Code, and enforcement of City codes. The plans and codes adopted by the City of Palm Bay promote the health, safety, and welfare of all residents, business owners, and visitors of the City.
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development consists of the following Divisions:
- Bayfront Community Redevelopment Agency (BCRA) - responsible for redevelopment of the BCRA District as an attractive, inviting and economically successful community with residential, commercial/retail and mixed use areas that promote a positive image and marine village for the enjoyment of the Community and Region.
- Building Division - responsible for building plans review, inspections, Certificate of Occupancy issuance, and implementation of all applicable Federal and State building code requirements.
- Code Compliance Division – responsible for education and enforcement of applicable residential and commercial codes to improve the quality of life in Palm Bay.
- Economic Development - responsible for offering various programs and incentives to assist new businesses locating or expanding in Palm Bay.
- Housing and Community Development Assistance Programs – Federal and State grant management for housing and community improvement initiatives adopted in the City’s Consolidated Plan, Comprehensive Plan, and other adopted City plans.
- Land Development Division – responsible for current planning and development review, comprehensive and long-range planning, special projects, and implementation of the FEMA Community Rating Service (CRS) program.
- Media Relations - responsible for interacting with the media, generating content or editing existing content for media release, and coordinating media briefings.