Patricia Denise Smith is the City Attorney. Mrs. Smith started her career in the office of the Public Defender’s Office for the 19th Judicial Circuit. Mrs. Smith defended 30 jury trial and 15 non-jury trials, achieving numerous acquittals. Mrs. Smith subsequently accepted the Assistant General Counsel position with the Florida Department of Health handling healthcare regulation cases before the Dentistry, Acupuncture and Orthotist and Prosthetist boards. Mrs. Smith was an active member of the Orthotist & Prosthetist team honored by Florida Tax Watch with the 2010 Prudential-Davis Productivity Award (Team): Implemented aggressive case review and processing to reduce inventory.
Mrs. Smith received her B.S. in Political Science from Florida State University, and her J.D. from Nova Southeastern University. In law school Mrs. Smith was a Goodwin Scholar and interned with the Guardian Ad Litem Office for the 19th Judicial Circuit. Mrs. Smith is board certified in State & Federal Government & Administrative Practice.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite - 2018.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- Patricia D. Smith & Andrew P. Lannon, Local Regulation of Medical Marijuana in Florida, 91 FLA. B.J. 8 (Nov. 2017).