Address: 120 Malabar Road SE Palm Bay, FL 32907
(City Hall Annex, 2nd Floor)
Phone: (321) 726-5633
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Designated staff of the Community & Economic Development Department work in partnership with citizens, non-profit agencies, City departments, and others in order to identify and implement programs and activities that benefit low and moderate-income people and improve neighborhoods. The Housing and Community Development Division administers funds received by the City of Palm Bay from:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program;
- Brevard County HOME Consortium – HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program;
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP);
- State of Florida’s State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program;
- Other State and Federal Grant Programs.
The City of Palm Bay’s Fair Housing Ordinance, the Florida Fair Housing Act, and the Federal Fair Housing Act make it illegal for anyone to refuse to rent, sell or make a housing loan to you because of the following factors:
- National Origin
- Familial Status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal guardians; pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18)
If you believe that your rights have been violated, we are ready to help you file a complaint. You have 180 days from the date of the alleged act of discrimination to file your complaint.
The City of Palm Bay will make an initial inquiry into your complaint and, if there are reasonable grounds to believe that a violation has occurred, we will refer your complaint to the Florida Commission on Human Relations. Or, if indicated by the nature of the complaint, we will refer your complaint to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
For more information contact:
- City of Palm Bay (321)726-5633 ext 3542
- Florida Commission on Human Relations (800) 342-8170
- Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity – U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Housing Discrimination Hotline (800) 669-9777
- 06/30/2020 12:16 PM
SHIP Housing Assistance Program
Effective July 1, 2020, the City of Palm Bay will no longer accept new applications for its SHIP Housing Assistance Program(s).
- 06/30/2020 11:47 AM
CDBG-MIT Grant Application - Request for Public Comment
Notice is hereby given that the City of Palm Bay intends to submit a CDBG-MIT grant application on Tuesday, June 30, 2020. The CDBG-MIT grant application will be available for public review and comment from June 30 through July 14, 2020.
- 05/21/2020 7:42 AM
Assistance Now Available for Brevard Residents Financially Impacted by COVID-19
Funds are now available to income-eligible residents for mortgage assistance, rental assistance and utility and security deposit assistance through Brevard County’s Housing and Human Services Department.