Address: 120 Malabar Road SE Palm Bay, FL 32907
(City Hall Annex, 2nd Floor)
Phone: (321) 726-5633 ext 3542
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Designated staff of the Community & Economic Development Department work in partnership with citizens, non-profit agencies, City departments, and others in order to identify and implement programs and activities that benefit low and moderate-income people and improve neighborhoods. The Housing and Community Development Division administers funds received by the City of Palm Bay from:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program;
- Brevard County HOME Consortium – HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program;
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP);
- State of Florida’s State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program;
- Other State and Federal Grant Programs.
The City of Palm Bay’s Fair Housing Ordinance, the Florida Fair Housing Act, and the Federal Fair Housing Act make it illegal for anyone to refuse to rent, sell or make a housing loan to you because of the following factors:
- National Origin
- Familial Status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal guardians; pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18)
If you believe that your rights have been violated, we are ready to help you file a complaint. You have 180 days from the date of the alleged act of discrimination to file your complaint.
The City of Palm Bay will make an initial inquiry into your complaint and, if there are reasonable grounds to believe that a violation has occurred, we will refer your complaint to the Florida Commission on Human Relations. Or, if indicated by the nature of the complaint, we will refer your complaint to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
For more information contact:
- City of Palm Bay (321)726-5633 ext 3542
- Florida Commission on Human Relations (800) 342-8170
- Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity – U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development – Housing Discrimination Hotline (800) 669-9777
- 03/13/2020 7:48 AM
Community Needs Assessment Survey
In preparation for the City of Palm Bay’s upcoming 5-Year Consolidated Plan for FY 2021-2025 (October 1, 2021 through September 30, 2026), the City is requesting participation in the Community Needs Assessment Survey which will inform the priority needs within Palm Bay.
- 03/11/2020 11:35 AM
Request for Applications FY 2020-2021 CDBG & HOME Programs & Services
The City of Palm Bay anticipates a CDBG funding allocation of $778,726* in Fiscal Year (FY) 2020-2021 (Program Year 2020). Applications and proposals are due to the Community & Economic Development Department no later than 5:00 PM on April 6, 2020.