Police Explorers Youth Program
- Divisions:Apply / Register
- Phone:(321) 733-3020
The Palm Bay Police Explorer Post 597 was established in the early 1970's to develop a more positive relationship between police officers and the youth of the community. The Explorers is one of the most exciting organizations in which a young person can be involved. Explorers are provided first-hand knowledge of law enforcement procedures. The Explorers are chartered through the Boy Scouts of America and are sponsored by the Palm Bay Police Department. The Palm Bay Police Explorers are not-for-profit organization, 501 (c) (3) and members of the Florida Association of Police Explorers (FAPE). There are over 50 other posts throughout the state that are members of this great association. FAPE Members gather 3 times a year for Delegates Training and once a year at the annual FAPE State Competition. It is our hope, through training and experiences, the youth of our community will become involved in law enforcement and community service.
- Male or Female between the ages of 14 to 21
- Completed the 8th grade
- Citizen of the United States
- Complete all necessary waivers and applications signed by parent or legal guardian
- Be in good health, mentally alert and sound
- Be willing to submit to a background check of school, criminal, home life and oral interview
- Enrolled in school or college and maintain 2.0 grade average or greater
- Follow all post rules and be fully committed to 80% of post functions
To learn more, please join us at our weekly Tuesday night meetings 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at the Palm Bay Police Department 130 Malabar Rd SE Palm Bay Fl 32907.