Stay Informed During An Emergency
The City of Palm Bay uses AlertBrevard to send EMERGENCY notifications by phone, email, text and social media to keep citizens informed in emergencies. Register for Emergency Notifications
Below are the current news stories for the city. Subscribe to receive latest news
Possible Click2Gov Security Breach Under Investigation
On Monday, June 29th, the City of Palm Bay learned of a possible security breach involving the Click2Gov online payment platform. The system is used by the Palm Bay Utilities Department and the City’s Building Division to process credit card payments. The City of Palm Bay Information Technology Department has taken the server that supports the Click2Gov service offline as a precaution. A copy of the server has also been sent to Sylint, a digital forensics firm, to determine if malware may have been installed on the server. The investigation is ongoing and additional details will be released as they become available.
The City of Palm Bay is actively monitoring the situation and is in communication with both Central Square, the parent company of Click2Gov, and Sylint. At this time, there is no confirmation of a security breach or that any credit card information may have been compromised. As we wait for findings, the City urges customers to monitor credit card statements for potentially fraudulent activity. Any suspicious charges should be reported to your bank or credit card provider immediately. Customers may also wish to request a new card for added security.
Credit card payment processing will be temporarily unavailable for Building Division and Palm Bay Utilities Department customers. We will provide an update when the server is back online and secure payment processing services have been restored.
Building Division customers may make payments using the following options:
- In-person cash or check payments may be made at the Building Division offices located on the second floor of the City Hall Annex at 120 Malabar Road SE, Monday – Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm.
- Check payments may be dropped off in an envelope clearly marked “Attn: Building Division” at the Utilities Department payment drop box located at City Hall.
Utilities customers may make payments by using the following methods:
- In-person cash or check payments may be made at the Utilities Customer Service lobby located in the City Hall Annex located at 120 Malabar Road SE, Monday – Wednesday and Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm and Thursday from 9:30am to 5:00pm.
- Credit and debit payments may be made over the phone by calling (321) 733-3069.
- Check payments may be dropped off at the payment drop boxes located at City Hall and the Utilities Administration building located at 250 Osmosis Drive SE
- Cash and check payments may be made at the drive-thru payment window at the Utilities Administration building Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Updates on the investigation and the status of credit card payment services will be provided as information becomes available. Please visit www.pbfl.org/enews to sign up for eNotifications to have updates sent to you via email.