In developing the Environmental Management System for Palm Bay Utilities Department, staff identified significant environmental aspects or activities of the Department that may impact the environment in a positive or negative manner. The identification of our significant environmental aspects enables us to address these impacts through continuous monitoring and measuring of conformance to performance standards of the programs designed to mitigate any harmful aspects and increase positive aspects.
Significant Aspects for the Department have been identified as:
- Water Treatment Facilities' Energy Consumption, Reduction & Generation
- Biosolid Waste Generation, Reduction and Disposal
- Health and Safety, Hazardous Material Use and Hazardous Material Disposal
Significant Impacts for the Department have been identified as:
- Pollution Prevention - GreenWay will increase pollution prevention activities.
- Resource Conservation - The Department will strive to introduce resource conserving operations.
- Resource Depletion - GreenWay will implement programs to decrease our contribution to resource depletion.
- Contaminant Exposure - Our environmental performance should reduce the likelihood of contaminant exposure events.
Environmental Aspects and Impacts Definition
Environmental Aspects Procedure