How can i prevent equipment-Related false alarms ?
- Don't play "beat the clock" - make sure your alarm company has programmed your control pad to give you enough time to get in and out the door before the alarm goes off. They can give you more time if you need it.
- Replace those batteries - your system has a backup battery, but after 2-3 years it will not hold a charge. If that happens and we get one of our afternoon thunderstorms, a power surge can trigger your alarm. This is a very common cause of false alarms.
- Consider having your system serviced annually - this can prevent equipment-related problems.
- Call your alarm company if you:
- Remodel your home or business.
- Make changes to your phone, such as adding call waiting.
Back to Questions