How do i prevent environment-Related false alarms ?
- CLOSE and LOCK windows and doors. This prevents doors and windows that are not secured being opened by the wind or by a draft from your air conditioning system. This happens quite often with the door between your house and garage, so be sure it is closed and locked. For safety's sake, according to the National Crime Prevention Center, thieves who came through unlocked doors or windows committed nearly half of all completed residential burglaries.
- Be sure your pet and your motion detector are compatible
- Get a "pet-friendly" motion detector. It will trigger the alarm only if the weight of the object moving through the room is over a certain weight limit. This type of detector allows your pet to roam freely through your house with the motion detector on.
- If they aren't compatible:
- Restrict your pet to part of the house not covered by the motion detector.
- Consider bypassing the motion detector.
- Anchor or secure other objects that can be moved into the path of the motion detector by drafts, such as:
Back to Questions