what do i do if i have a false alarm and don't cancel it?
- Don't panic.
- Turn your system off - "disarm" it.
- Wait a few minutes for your alarm company to call you.
- Give them the password or code.
- Do not call 911 and ask to cancel an alarm - they do not know if you are being forced to make the call and their first concern is your safety (ONLY YOUR ALARM COMPANY MAY CANCEL AN ALARM)
- Police or firefighters will come to the alarm site.
- Follow directions from them or directions from emergency communications center personnel who may call you.
- Explain the circumstances of the false alarm.
- Have ID ready to show the police that you belong at the alarm site.
Back to Questions