what happens when an alarm sounds?
- An open door or window or other part of system tells control panel something is wrong.
- Your control panel seizes your phone lines and calls your monitoring company. If you pick up your phone while this is happening, all you will hear is static.
- Alarm company receives information from your control panel: name, address, and type of alarm violation/activation.
- Panic or holdup
- General intrusion - the most common call we receive. Nationally, about 99% are false alarm activations.
- Your alarm monitoring company will call you to try to verify whether the alarm is true or false. False alarm calls have become such a problem that they are required to do this by state law. Since July 2006, Florida State law requires two-call verification, referred to as ECV or enhanced call verification.
- If you give them the correct password or pass code, they will cancel the alarm.
- If you can't given them the correct information, or if they can't reach you, they will call the alarm in to our city emergency communications center.
Back to Questions