Alarm awareness class questions and facts
What is a false alarm anyway?
Why are false alarms a problem?
What is the Human Cost factor?
How big is the false alarm problem?
How does an alarm system work?
What happens when an alarm sounds?
What happens when the city gets an alarm call?
What can I do to prevent false alarms?
How can I prevent equipment-related false alarms?
How can I prevent environment-related false alarms?
How can I prevent people-related false alarms?
What should I do if I have a false alarm and don't cancel it?
What does Palm Bay's law say about alarm systems?
Call your alarm company if you:
- Have any concerns about how to use your system.
- Require "retraining" in the proper operation of your alarm system.
- Plan on leaving your residence vacant for an extended time due to a possible vacation
- It appears your system is not working properly.
Fees for false alarms:
|6 or more
- Alarm users are not charged when:
- Lightning strike damages alarm system (with written proof provided to the Alarm Administrator).
- Phone service fails with some type of written verification from your local phone company.
- Electric power fails for more than 4 hours and can be verified.
- Your alarm company cancels the alarm with the City before Police and Fire units arrive at the alarm site.
Now that you know all about false alarms and how to prevent them, you are almost done....
If you want to get your waiver certificate, which you can use to pay for ONE FALSE ALARM FINE, just take the Short Quiz, which is only 10 True or False questions and click the SUBMIT button when you have completed the test. If you prefer to use U.S. mail, please print the short quiz, along with your answers directly from the web site on a piece of paper (along with your name and address) and mail to False Alarm Reduction Unit, 120 Malabar Road, Suite 215, Palm Bay, FL 32907.
THIS TEST CAN ONLY BE TAKEN ONCE PER FISCAL YEAR (3 TOTAL).