False Alarm reduction ordinance
Review the new alarm ordinance which was amended and enacted by the City Council. It amends the Code of Ordinances and will be effective October 1, 2013.
The four most important changes you should know about the New Alarm Ordinance:
- Any alarm system that will elicit a response from the Police Department must have a permit, even if it is not monitored.
- The alarm user is responsible for obtaining a permit for their alarm system prior to using it.
- The alarm user is responsible for providing their permit registration number to the alarm monitoring company to facilitate police response.
- Alarm permits are renewed annually and now on the anniversary of the issue date. Only those alarm users who have had a false alarm the previous year will receive an invoice to renew and pay the $20 fee.
Additional changes you should know about the New Alarm Ordinance.
Forms are available here online or at the following locations:
- Your Alarm Company
- Palm Bay Police Department
- City Hall