The Records Section processes police/statistical reports and records for crimes, arrests, accidents, citations, alarms, DUIs, address activity, and criminal history searches involving persons in the City of Palm Bay. Police records are audited, retrieved, copied, filed, coded for Florida’s Uniform Crime Report, input into the computer and disseminated to various agencies per Florida Public Records Law. At times, records are sealed/expunged by court order and Florida Statute 943.058.
The Records Section provides front lobby support at a customer service window, and handles mail processing and public relations.
- Copies of reports are generally available four to five days after the incident.
- To request a copy of a police incident report, call (321) 952-3461, respond in person to the front lobby customer service window, or email us.
The following services are provided by the Records Section:
- Name Checks: Local check only (Palm Bay) for a fee of $5.00 per name.
- Mail Requests: Please include a self-addressed, stamped
Pertinent information needed:
What type of crime, where it occurred, date
of occurrence, and persons involved.
Palm Bay Police Department
Attn: Records Section
130 Malabar Road SE
Palm Bay, FL 32907
- Operating Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CLOSED ON HOLIDAYS.
- Extensive Clerk Fees: Any requests involving an extraordinary amount of clerk time will be charged an additional fee for processing plus the cost of copies. Charges are $.15 for single-sided pages and $.20 for double-sided pages.