rules & regulations
Click on the link below to navigate to legal ordinances concerning Parks. All Ordinances are located on the American Legal site. When you get to the page, just type Parks in the quick search box.
Community Center General Rules of Conduct
- The dress code is available for review and will be enforced.
- While in the PBCC everyone will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Shirts must be worn at all times. Except when playing basketball (men only).
- Any loud or continuous arguing is not permitted. If after warning by staff member, and arguing continues, the staff member has the option to stop the game and clear the court.
- No one under the age of 9 is permitted in the facility unless directly supervised (directly supervised is defined as participating in an activity with the child or observing the child and not participating in another activity at the same time.
- Children under the age of 9 participating in PBCC programs must be picked up immediately at the completion of the program.
- Children under the age of 9 may only be picked up by the parent or designated legal guardian.
- The telephone at the front desk is not for general use.
- Staff has the final authority in application and interpretation of PBCC rules and regulations.
- Rules, regulations and policies may change without notice.
Any member or guest who exhibits behavior not in accordance with Community Center Standards may be suspended or expelled from the facility.
City of Palm Bay, Florida
Palm Bay Fire Department and Police Department
Palm Bay Community Center Privileges
As per Article 14.1 of the PD final contract: “Use of the Community Center for physical fitness purposes will be afforded certified police officers at no cost…”
The same privileges are held true for Palm Bay certified firefighters.
Community Center privileges include: free use of the gymnasium during open gym hours, free use of the weight room, cardio room, and locker rooms, free use of a locker key during each visit, and free racquetball court reservations.
Community Center use for all members is based upon the facility schedule, which is posted at the beginning of each calendar month. Please check this calendar for times the facility may be closed, including special events and private rentals.
The procedures for utilizing these privileges are as follows:
- During initial visit to the Community Center, please show City Identification to the front desk Recreation Aide, to verify Police Officer or Fire Fighter status.
- The front desk Recreation Aide will issue a free membership, after a membership application has been filled out and entered into the register system, and a photo has been taken for the membership card.
- The membership card will be available for pick up at the front desk at the next visit.
- Please call 952-3443 if there are any questions.
- All Recreation Aides will be informed of these procedures.