frequently asked questions
1. How do I apply for job?
Applications are accepted online for any open current vacancies. For instructions on how to apply online, click here for application instructions.
2. Do you accept general applications?
We accept applications for specific, open job postings. Click here to view our current job openings.
2. Will you accept an application for a job that is not currently open?
We will only accept applications for current job openings. However, if you are interested in applying for a specific job in the future, click here and complete the online job interest card. This way, you will be notified when positions you are interested in become available.
3. I am a non-city employee and my employer did not pay me. Who do I call?
Call the U.S. Department of Labor at (866) 487-9243.
4. What is the minimum wage?
You can find the current minimum wage at the U.S. Department of Labor at (866) 487-9243.
5. How do I contact Unemployment?
Visit the Unemployment Compensation page on the State of Florida website, or call them at (352) 955-2216.
6. Can I apply for a job with Brevard County here?
No, you can apply for county jobs on the Brevard County website.