St. Johns Heritage Parkway (Palm Bay Parkway)
St. Johns Heritage Parkway once complete will provide 22-miles around Palm Bay into Melbourne at U.S. 192 and ending at a new I-95 interchange at Ellis Road. The project will be split between Palm Bay, Brevard County, and FDOT.
Impact: The Parkway will alleviate traffic congestion and improve travel times for commuters, as well as create an evacuation route for those in the northwest quadrant of Palm Bay. The Parkway will expand to a southern I-95 interchange near Micco Road opening up southern Palm Bay to new development.
Palm Bay Portion of Project
- Phase 1 includes 2.5 mile section that begins on Malabar Road and runs north to Emerson Drive extension
- Current construction is two-lane roadway with future expansion plans to four-lanes and includes two connector roads by extending west approximately 1/2 mile at Pace Drive and Emerson Drive
- Phase 1 is 50% complete with anticipated completion Summer 2014
- Bridge just south of the Pace connector is about 99% complete and grass median/shoulder are in progress
Phase 1: Malabar Road to Emerson Drive
- Phase 2 includes 0.7 mile section that begins on Emerson Drive and runs north to the C-54 canal.
- Just beginning the clearing and grubbing on this Palm Bay Parkway extension.
Phase 2: Emerson Drive to C-54 Canal
- Pace Drive includes 0.5 mile of 2-lane section that begins from the Palm Bay Parkway and ends at Gillmar Ave.
- Pace Drive is 80% complete with the completion of curb and gutter and top lift of limerock base.
- The twin barrel reinforced concrete box culvert on C-59 canal is 100% complete.
- Emerson Drive includes 0.5 mile of 2-Lane section that begins from the Palm Bay Parkway and ends at Amador Ave. It also includes the drainage infrastructure for future 4-lane widening.
- Emerson Drive is 50% complete up to the stabilized subgrade.
- The 84" Reinforced concrete pipe is 100% complete.
Brevard County Portion of Project
- Construction has not begun yet
Phase 1: Palm Bay/Melbourne Border to U.S. 192
Phase 2: U.S. 192 to Ellis at new I-95 Interchange
FDOT Portion of Project
- This new interchange will align with St. Johns Heritage Parkway on the west and Ellis Road on the East. Please visit our project website at www.cflroads.com.
I-95 Northern & Southern Interchanges
- The South Parkway and Interchange project is currently in the Project Development and Environmental Study (PD&E) phase. The PD&E study includes data collection, alternatives development and analysis, environmental studies, study documentation, and selection of a preferred alternative.Upon completion of the study, the interchange and access roads can be fully designed and constructed. The interchange project has been included in the Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) 5-year work plan. The connecting access road will be constructed as part of the surrounding proposed development. The property owners, FDOT and City of Palm Bay have partnered to keep the project moving forward. More details will follow as the project progresses. View Map[PDF]
- Council Presentation by Kittelson & Associates and FDOT - Update on South Parkway Interchange
- TPO Priorities as of 3/26/14 View Map [PDF]