History

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

DSC_1810

Palm Bay Police headquarters operates from a modern facility built in 1990. The 33,000 square foot two-story building, located adjacent to City Hall, houses more than 200 public safety personnel.

The City of Palm Bay was incorporated in 1959 under its current charter. What was once a small agricultural community in the 1950’s has become the largest city in Brevard County with a current population of over 107,000. Our rapid growth has created an ongoing challenge from demands on resources and services. We meet that challenge with determination and optimism.

about_history_old_building
Police Department in front of the original City Hall - early 1960's

about_history_1978_motorcycleabout_history_old_vehicle_000
Palm Bay Motorcycle - 1978Palm Bay Police Vehicle - Year Unknown

about_us_history_old_vehicle_1978
Palm Bay Police Vehicle - August 1979