- Update and maintenance of the Palm Bay Comprehensive Plan.
- Implementation and enforcement of the Palm Bay Code of Ordinances.
- Building and development, permitting, inspections, and plan reviews.
- Administer and improve the floodplain management system.
- Provide population, land use, and planning studies.
- Coordinate annexation requests.
- Administer Federal and State Grant Programs: Community Development Block Grants (CDBG); HOME Investment Partnership (HOME); State Housing Initiative (SHIP); Hurricane Housing Recovery Program and small business training and loan programs.
FY 13 ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Completed the rehabilitation and sale of 16 foreclosed homes under the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP).
- Reaccreditation under the Simplified Nimble Accelerated Permitting (SNAP) program of the Economic Development Commission.
- Completed the surveying, design, engineering, purchase, and construction of three (3) bus shelters with benches in Northeast Palm Bay.
- Harris High Tech Center Building Project including the vacating of a portion of Troutman Boulevard and the constructing of the Clearmont Extension processed, reviewed, approved, and inspected.
- Review and approval of Bass Pro Outdoor World site and building plans.
- Review, approval, construction, and opening of a Chick-Fil-A Restaurant.