2014 Hurricane Season
Hurricane Expo - May 31, 2014 9a-1p at City Hall
Learn what's in store for the 2014 storm season - featuring WFTV Chief Meteorologist Tom Terry with this year's forecast, along with stories from the front lines!
The 2014 Hurricane Season begins June 1 and we want everyone to Resolve 2B Ready! This year's Resolve to be Ready campaign focuses on 'Family Connection' to reinforce the importance of parents including their children in preparedness conversations in advance of potential disasters.
The Ready campaign makes an emergency preparedness resolution easy to keep by recommending families consider these three ideas when making a plan: who to call, where to meet and what to pack.
The campaign includes age-appropriate tools and resources to introduce conversations about disaster preparedness to children on www.ready.gov/kids, including a downloadable family emergency plan, emergency kit checklists and guidelines on how to make preparedness a year-round family activity.
For shelter information, check Brevard County Emergency Management web site.
- Brevard County Emergency Management: Citizen Hotline Dial 211
- Get the CodeRED Mobile Alert App
- Florida Division of Emergency Management: 850-413-9900
- FEMA: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service
- Red Cross: 321-723-2586
- United Way: 321-631-2740
- Brevard County Public Schools: 321-633-1000 ext. 797
- Eastern Florida State College: 321-632-1111
- University of Central Florida: 321-433-7821
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: 800-232-4636
- Florida Power and Light: FPL realizes how disruptive power disturbances can be to your life. If you experience an outage or repeated power problem, call FPL at 1-800-4OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243) to report the problem.
City Employees can call the employee Hotline at 321-726-5684 or
321-409-6384 for further information.
Palm Bay Citizens can call 321-726-5683 or 321-409-6383 for further information.
As you evacuate, know where you are going & leave early.
Hurricane season lasts June 1 to November 30.
Store enough drinking water to last for at least 2 weeks.
If you must evacuate, always take your pets.
Pets are not allowed in most shelters. Check before arriving for pet friendly shelters.