Any questions regarding burning should be addressed to the Fire Marshal's office, 321-953-8929.
Land Clearing fire requests should be addressed to the Division of Forestry.
Outdoor Cooking and Recreational Fire Guideline
- Cooking fires shall not exceed 3 ft. in diameter and 2 ft. in height, and be contained in an outdoor fireplace, barbeque grill, or barbeque pit.
- Cooking fires shall be constantly attended with a garden hose or other extinguishing equipment.
- Cooking fires for multi-family dwellings shall be by electric grills, ranges, or similar apparatus. No charcoal, gas, or hibachi grills shall be used or kindled on balconies, overhangs, or within ten feet of a structure.
- Recreational fires shall not exceed 3 ft. in diameter and 2 ft. in height and be contained in an approved manner.
- Recreational fires shall be constantly attended with a garden hose or other extinguishing equipment.
- Recreational fires shall not be within 25 ft. of a structure or combustible material unless contained in an approved manner.
- The AHJ shall have authority to prohibit any and all open fires when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances makes such fires hazardous.