Plumber or Homeowner Installation Info

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
You can also choose to use a Licensed/Insured Plumber to make the installation to your home, or as a homeowner you can perform the work yourself.  The plumber or homeowner would be responsible for obtaining the appropriate permit, installation, and coordination of inspection with the City's Building Department. 
  • Once the line is installed, the City’s Building Division should be notified by the licensed plumber / homeowner to schedule an inspection for proper depth, size and connection.

  • A Building Inspector will perform a cross-connection inspection and turn on the water.  A cross-connection inspection is necessary to ensure that there is no interconnection between drinking water and non-potable sources of water.  Please note, it may be required that an authorized adult be present at this time, depending on the location of the well.

  • It is recommended that customers connecting to the City’s water supply abandon their well; however, some residents may wish to maintain their well for irrigation purposes.

  • If a resident wishes to abandon his or her well, the services of a Florida licensed water well contractor must be obtained.  The water well contractor must obtain a permit application from the Brevard County Health Department.  For more information, please contact the Brevard County Health Department’s Environmental Health Services Office at (321) 633-2100, option 2.

Other Helpful Links

Brevard County Health Dept. Environmental Health Services Office

City of Palm Bay Building Division


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer