Here's how to Get Connected:
1 - Determine if Sewer Service is Available in Your Area.
Click here to view an interactive map.
3 - Complete An Application
4 - Finance or Pay Connection Charges.
How do I Finance My Connection Costs? Palm Bay Utilities Department provides
residents an opportunity to finance their connection costs up to five years through a
Connection Payment Agreement. To finance your charges you will need to meet with
a member of our staff. We also ask that you review the Connection Payment Agreement
prior to your appointment.
5 - Get Connected to the System.
- Once the application process is complete, the Utilities Customer Service Office will issue a work order to have the clean-out and/or tap-in point located for the sewer service lateral connection.
- It is recommended that you obtain the services of a licensed septic tank contractor to perform the abandonment of the septic tank. The contractor or the property owner will need to obtain a permit from the Department of Health's Environmental Health Services Office. You may contact the Department of Health by calling 321.633.2100 and selecting option 1.
- A building permit will also need to be obtained from the City's Building Division located in the City Hall Annex at 120 Malabar Road SE. Phone: 321.953.8924.
- Once permits have been obtained from DOH and the Building Division, the licensed septic contractor will perform the abandonment. An environmental health inspector will conduct an on-site inspection at the time of abandonment.
- It is recommended that homeowners obtain the services of a Florida licensed and insured plumber to perform the connection from the sewer lateral to your home. It is also recommended to perform this connection prior to septic tank abandonment so there will not be an interruption of service.
Other Helpful Links
Brevard County Health Dept. Environmental Health Services Office
City of Palm Bay Building Division