Seasonal Customer Info



Utility customers who will be away for an extended period of time (i.e., seasonal customers, vacation) can temporarily suspend their solid waste service and request to have their water service shut-off by filling out Sections 1, 3, and 4 of the Residential Utility Service Request form.  The fees for these services are described below.

Water/Sewer Accounts wishing to shut-off water service will continue to be charged water and sewer base charges as well as stormwater charges during this period.  The temporary shut-off of water service helps to safeguard the home in case a leak occurs while the customer is away. 

There is an Administrative Fee ($19.22/per trip) for our staff to shut-off your water service.  This amount will be charged to initially turn-off the water while you are away and it will also be charged when the water is turned-on upon your return.

There is also a $25 fee to reactivate your Solid Waste/Recycling service.  This fee is added to your account at the time of your request for suspension of service.

To avoid such fees, some customers prefer to shut-off the water to their home by using their house valve instead. A reactivation fee for Solid Waste/Recycling will still apply.

**If you would like your bills to be mailed to a different address during this suspension of service period, please provide an alternate address when completing the application form.


Residents who do not have City Water or Sewer services are billed quarterly for Solid Waste/Recycling and Stormwater fees only.  These residents can suspend their Solid Waste/Recycling service by filling out the Solid Waste Service Requests form.  There is a $25 fee to reactivate your Solid Waste/Recyling service.  This fee will be added to your account at the time of your request for suspension of service. Stormwater charges still apply.