Let's Get Moving Palm Bay!
Palm Bay representatives from the Health First 2017 Mayors' Fitness Challenge attended the kickoff event Saturday, February 4th. Mayor Capote got his team motivated and ready to move! #GoTeamPalmBay
February 4 - May 5, 2017 The challenge is on! All participants in the Mayors' Fitness Challenge start moving: The winning team will be determined by: the city who has the largest percentage of their community join the challenge, plus the largest number of minutes spent exercising. The municipality with the most points will win the challenger trophy, “Most Fit City 2017.”
Each week points will be awarded to each City Team based on the number of minutes spent exercising based on your city’s total population.
Check out all these wonderful fitness opportunities!
Fitness with Parks and Recreation
Try Something New
Pickleball - The Basics of Pickleball: A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. Played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net. Played with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes. Played as doubles or singles.
- Grant Street Community Center: Mon & Wed 9:00a – 12:00p, Fri 1:00p – 3:00p
- Eau Gallie Civic Center: Mon, Wed, Fri 9:00a – 12:00p, Wed 12:00p – 1:00p (Beginners only)
- Wickham Community Center: Tues, Thur, Sat 8:30a – 12:30p
- Max K. Rodes Park: Mon, Tues, Fri 9:00a – 12:00p, Fri 12:00 (Beginners)
- Walter Butler Community Center: Mon – Fri 11:00a – 2:00p
Facebook - Connect with us
Visit City of Palm Bay - Government Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/palmbayfl/
Visit the 2017 Mayors’ Fitness Challenge Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/2017MayorsFitnessChallenge/ for updates, health information, and healthy recipes.