Deputy City Attorney
Jill E. Jacobs has over 27 years of workers’ compensation litigation experience, including 12 years as Senior Staff Attorney for The Harford. Ms. Jacobs manages in-house all of Palm Bay’s worker’s compensation matters, including, but not limited to: development of Best Practices for the City as a self-insured entity consistent with state laws; directing its Third-Party Administrators; drafting and implementation of Return-To-Work, Safety and Loss Prevention guidelines; Drug-Free workplace enforcement; and overseeing outside litigation matters.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D. (1987)
- Rutgers University, B.A. (1983)
Awards & Recognitions:
AV Preeminent® peer review rated - Martindale-Hubbell®
U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
State of Florida
LECTURES ▪ WORKSHOPS ▪ TRAINING
- “Made in The Shade? Practical Applications and Update on the Sunshine Law and Public Records Act in Florida” (Florida Bar Course #2052R), The Florida Bar’s City, County and Local Government Law Section’s 39th Annual Local Government Law in Florida Seminar, May 6, 2016.
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Building Trial Skills, participant in week-long trial boot camp in New Orleans, LA, January 2016.
- “Florida Workers’ Compensation and General Liability Issues: 2013 Claims Handling Update”, sponsored by McConnaughhay firm; June 21, 2013 in Fort Lauderdale. Written materials available.
- “Average Weekly Wage in Florida Worker’s Compensation Claims”, (Florida DFS Course #68919),Florida Department of Financial Services Adjuster Law and Policy CEU program, April 27, 2009.
- “Attorneys’ Fees under ‘Murray v. Mariner Health’” (Florida DFS Course #67410); Florida Department of Financial Services Adjuster Law and Policy CEU program, December 18, 2008).
- “Florida Workers’ Compensation Jurisdictional Training and Workshop”; (Florida DFS Course #TD816); Florida Department of Financial Services Adjuster Law and Policy CEU program, November 14, 2007.
- Panel discussion participant on “Practice and Procedure in Workers Compensation”, speaking on Mediation, sponsored by the Broward County (Florida) Bar Association, October 10, 1998.
- Panel discussion participant on workers’ compensation and mediation, sponsored by the National Association of Private Rehabilitation Providers, Southeastern Chapter, 1996 and 1997.
- Panel discussion participant, “Workers’ Comp Today” televised program sponsored by the Dade County Bar Association, 1996.