Carries out the redevelopment purposes of Chapter 163, Part III, Community Redevelopment, Florida Statutes; administers the Bayfront Redevelopment District Plan; and acts as fiduciaries of the Community Redevelopment Trust Fund.
Membership Requirements for "At-Large" Commissioners:
- Resident of the City of Palm Bay or
- Engaged in business within the City of Palm Bay, which means:
- owns a business, or
- practices a profession, or
- performs a service for compensation, or
- serves as an officer or director of a corporation or other business entity
Maximum Number of Members:
Seven (7) members
5 - Mayor and City Council ;
2 - at-large citizens
Length of Term:
Requires filing of Statement of Financial Interests with Brevard County Supervisor of Elections. Agency may also consider quasi-judicial matters.