1. Applications must be received by the Office of the City Clerk no later than Wednesday, 5:00 P.M., of the week prior to the meeting at which the appointment will be made.
2. Applications will be considered only for those boards with vacancies as indicated on the City's website.
3. A solicitation period of 30 days, or as close thereto, is given for the receipt of applications. The Mayor announces the open positions on the boards at 2 consecutive regular Council meetings. Appointments are made at the regular Council meeting following the 2 announcements. If no applications are received within the time frame designated, appointments will be made when the appropriate number of applications are received.
4. The following boards/committees are required to file a Statement of Financial Interests, Form 1.
- Bayfront Community Redevelopment Agency
- Code Enforcement Board
- Planning and Zoning Board
- Police/Fire Retirement Pension Board
5. A member may serve on no more than 2 boards at the same time. A member serving on 2 boards may apply to serve on another board, and if appointed, must resign from one of the 2 boards on which membership is maintained. An exception to the aforementioned is service on an ad hoc committee in existence for less than 1 year.
6. Applicant must be present at the board appointment proceedings.
7. Should you have questions or desire additional information, please call the Office of the City Clerk at (321) 952-3414. All information provided becomes a matter of Public Record and is available upon request.
Best viewed in Internet Explorer