There is a "no-burn" ordinance in the City of Palm Bay. For specifics, see "Code of Ordinance" on the left side of this page.
Land Clearing Fire Requests should be addressed to the Division of Forestry
Outdoor Cooking and Recreational Fire Guideline
- Cooking fires shall not exceed 3 ft. in diameter and 2 ft. in height, and be contained in an outdoor fireplace, barbeque grill, or barbeque pit.
- Cooking fires shall be constantly attended with a garden hose or other extinguishing equipment.
- Cooking fires for multi-family dwellings shall be by electric grills, ranges, or similar apparatus. No charcoal, gas, or hibachi grills shall be used or kindled on balconies, overhangs, or within ten feet of a structure.
- Recreational fires shall not exceed 3 ft. in diameter and 2 ft. in height and be contained in an approved manner.
- Recreational fires shall be constantly attended with a garden hose or other extinguishing equipment.
- Recreational fires shall not be within 25 ft. of a structure or combustible material unless contained in an approved manner.
- The AHJ shall have authority to prohibit any and all open fires when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances makes such fires hazardous.