Careers at palm bay fire-Rescue
So, you want to be a Palm Bay Firefighter.
Do YOU have what it takes to do THIS?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Are you certified by the State of Florida as a firefighter? If no, click here for information from the Florida State Fire College (Fire Academy)
- Are you certified by the State of Florida as an Emergency Medical Technician?
- Are you a United States Citizen?
- Do you possess a high school diploma or GED?
- Have you ever been involved in any type of drug activity?
- Have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor?
- Do you have an acceptable driving record?
- Do you hold a Florida Drivers License, Class D with an E endorsement?
- Have you been a non-user of tobacco/tobacco products at least one year prior to applying?
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements for employment as a firefighter per Florida State Statute 633.34, be in good physical condition, and have good moral character.
The City of Palm Bay Firefighters maintain highly responsible positions that involves networking with the community, and the protection of life and property. This is accomplished through public education, emergency medical services, fire suppression, and hazard mitigation of the potential specials hazards present in the City of Palm Bay.
Please see our Human Resources/Firefighter Recruitment site for complete information.