The Finance Department provides oversight and attention to the City's overall finances. Our committment is to provide the highest standards of accountability, accuracy and professionalism. We are responsible for safeguarding the fiscal integrity of the City through the implementation of sound financial policies and practices.
The Finance Department provides financial management and policy support and financial information to the City Manager, departments, the public and other agencies. Finance Administration oversees the administrative and financial affairs of the city including Accounting, Purchasing & Contracts, Budget, BTR, Lien Research, and Passport Acceptance.
Internal functions provided to the City of Palm Bay by the Finance Department include:
- The City’s banking and investment relations
- In-house management of pooled investment fund for all governmental operations
- Issuance and ongoing administration of all city debt, including the Utility, General Government debt and other debt issues
- Works with independent auditors, providing information required to conduct annual audit and assist in the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Administration of the Business Tax (formerly Occupational Licenses), Communication Service Tax, and Public Service Tax Programs
- Collecting and processing of City revenues
- Administration of the city’s Lien Research program
- Oversight responsibility for the Passport Acceptance operations.
- Oversight responsibility for payroll and accounts payable
Mission / Vision Statement
The mission of the Finance Department is to provide fiscal and financial support to City Council and all City Departments. The Department is committed to providing timely, accurate, and complete information.